A challenge fundraising event open to civil servants, former and retired and their families. All money raised from this challenge will translate into practical help for those who need it most.
These rules apply to The Million Mile Walking Challenge 2019. By registering you agree to comply with them.
- Only registered participants are eligible to take part in The Million Mile Walking Challenge 2019.
- Registration: Opens Monday 8 April 2019.
- Cost: £10 per person payable by CC/DC (non-refundable) processed online by secure Worldpay (includes an optional pedometer if requested).
- Fundraising: There is no minimum sponsorship to take part in the Challenge but we suggest a target of £100 per person.
- Fundraising payments: A Walking Challenge Campaign Page has been set up to collect donations. You can create your own Justgiving page or use the Donate button on the Charity website to pay in Walking Challenge donations.
- Offline donations: Please send cheque donations to The Walking Challenge Team, The Charity for Civil Servants, 5 Anne Boleyn's Walk, Cheam, Sutton, SM3 8DY. Alternatively you can pay by credit/debit card over the phone by calling 0208 240 2442/2448.
- The Challenge: 10,000 steps a day (4.5 miles) is the benchmark. You do not have to achieve this every day, but aim to increase your average step count and become more active across the 50-day challenge.
- Walking: 50 Days begins on Monday 13 May and ends on Monday 1 July 2019.
- Step entry: Maximum of seven days steps to be entered at one time. The Walking Challenge Administration Team are able to backdate for a maximum of 14 days, and confirmation of step counts will be required.
- Final step entry: Friday 5 July at 5pm is the deadline to enter your final step entry.
- Walk solo or in teams: Teams can be comprised of 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6 people.
- All teams will have a Team Captain and Team Name.
- You can only be a captain and/or a member of one team.
- Pedometers: Optional pedometer available at registration (tick box if required).
- Team Captain's will be sent team members pedometers (if ordered) to distribute.
- Leaderboards: Individual and Team Leaderboards will be verified to the best of our ability and updated daily (weekdays only) at 3pm on the Walking Challenge website.
- Final leaderboards and award winners will be published week commencing 15 July 2019.
- Use of personal data: You need to give us your consent for your details to be used to enable us to administer your registration and any sponsorship, donations, gift aid and to send you information about The Walking Challenge. We shall only use your personal data for these purposes, unless you have given us consent to contact you about the Charity’s work, or other events, and will retain your personal data according to our retention schedule.
- Full privacy statement: Please read our full Privacy Statement here.
- Departmental Reports: We will provide number of participants, cumulative steps walked and total fundraising amount for each Government Department/Agency. Your personal information will not be shared.
- Liability: All participants enter The Walking Challenge, entirely at their own risk and The Charity for Civil Servants shall not be liable for any injury damage or loss to participants or their property that might occur as a result of their participation.
- Please view our FAQs for more detailed information
All queries please contact The Walking Challenge Team at email@example.com or telephone 0208 240 2442/2448.